Since 2017, Castle Fine Art has been regularly working with local communities to inspire the next generation of young artists. In cities across the UK, school children of all ages and abilities have been invited into our galleries with their teachers to view the artwork on display and hear all about our artists from our knowledgeable Art Consultants. Of course, no field trip would be complete without the obligatory homework! We tasked them to recreate whichever piece caught their eye, and bring their masterpieces back into the gallery so that our team could award 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
Read more here
While it might not be business as usual just yet, we know a great many of you will be looking for ways to keep your children amused during the school closure period – so we’ve decided to take our ‘Young Fine Artist’ competition online!
All you need to do is browse our website with your kids, let them discover which of our artists sparks their imagination the most, keep them busy with a project to recreate their favourite piece and then send us their finished masterpieces by 30th of June. The lucky winners will receive Cass Art vouchers for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place entries, that can be used towards the new materials for their creative projects.
When submitting the work please make sure to include:
- Contact details of person submitting on the child’s behalf and their relationship to the child
- A few words about why they chose that artist and that particular piece to recreate
- A photo of the finished artwork, and a photo of the little artist holding their piece
Created to encourage the next generation of artistic talent, our Young Fine Artist competition invites schools from across the UK to enter their students for the chance to display their work alongside some of the world’s most popular artists.
The latest edition of the competition took place in our galleries in York on and Cambridge. Louisa Hay from St Faith’s School won the Cambridge edition for her Tim Rogerson-inspired Donald Duck artwork, whilst Dion Boby from St. Wilfrid’s Catholic Primary School was awarded the first place for his squirrel painting in the style of Robert Oxley at the York gallery.
Cass Art is the UK’s leading art supplies retailer that hosted our Scarlett Raven and Marc Marot exhibitions at their Islington and Glasgow stores. They also joined our judging panel for our Summer Exhibition 2018 and kindly donated the winners’ prizes for our previous Young Fine Artist scheme. Now we're joining our forces again!
"This has been a fantastic project for the children to be involved in and they thoroughly enjoyed visiting the gallery and learning about all of the artists and artwork on display. The competition has left them feeling motivated to put their creative skills into practice back at school."
Head of Art & Design, St Faith’s School
- This competition is open to all children under the age of 16.
- Entries must be submitted to before the closing date on 30th June 2020.
- Only one entry per child.
- By sharing your entry with us, you are giving consent for the image submitted and your child’s name and age, to be used online and in print for marketing purposes.
- Castle Fine Art is compliant with data protection regulations and will not pass your details onto any third parties without your prior consent.
- Prizes will not be exchanged or refunded and there is no cash alternative.
- Castle Fine Art reserves the right to amend or cancel this competition at any time.
06/02/2019With the number of students choosing creative GCSE subjects in decline, there are rising concerns about the future of the UK’s creative industry. Fine Art Collector investigates.
04/03/2019Our competition has kicked off for 2019, with a 12-year-old Cambridge pupil selected to display his work alongside art legends Bob Dylan and Ronnie Wood. Could your school be next?
© Copyright Washington Green Retail Limited trading as Castle Fine Art. First published 2012, last updated 2020. Washington Green Retail Limited acts as a credit broker and offers credit products from Secure Trust Bank PLC trading as V12 Retail Finance.
Washington Green Retail Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our registration number is 726395. Credit provided subject to age and status. Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies V12 Finance